Our herbalist Jo George has carefully selected this blend of organic herbs/roots to give a sweet, soothing comforting drink whilst giving a chocolaty hit of anti oxidants ! Aromatic and naturally sweet drink with out any refined sugar ! A very popular blend.
Chai simply means “tea” in Hindi, and masala chai means “spiced tea”. Popular in India, where street vendors are kept busy serving thousands all day long, this 5,000+ year old drink originated as an Ayurvedic health tonic.
At Life Rituals we like our Rooibos Cocao Chai Tea in the traditional manner, combining it with whole milk (or nut milk/non dairy) and no sugar as the honey bush leaf and cinnamon are naturally sweet. Making chai takes a few more minutes than steeping a regular cup of tea, but your efforts will be rewarded.
HOW TO MAKE LIFE RITUALS ORGANIC ROOIBOS COCAO CHAI TEA
Makes 2 cups
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add 4 teaspoons of Life Rituals Rooibos Chai Tea.
4. Boil uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Add 2 cups of whole milk (or milk substitute), and bring to a boil again.
6. Remove from heat immediately (before it boils over) and steep covered for 5 minutes.
7. Strain and enjoy it hot, or chill it in the fridge for a yummy iced chai.
- Cinnamon – is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols and is a potent anti inflammatory.
- Rooibos Leaf – health benefits that includes supporting healthy heart, preventing cancer, managing and preventing diabetes, supporting healthy digestion, fighting inflammation, promoting stronger bones,
- Honey Bush Leaf – contains polyphenols that boost the immune system and reduce inflammation. Minerals such as manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, copper and zinc.
- Cardamom pod – improves digestion, reduces pain and inflammation and relaxes.
- Orange peel – has many health benefits packed with flavonoids, vitamin A, C, B6 and B5, calcium, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, folate and dietary fibre.
- Clove bud – may have several health benefits, including supporting liver health and helping stabilise blood sugar levels